Splash Pads, Jelly Sandwiches and Saturday Afternoons... Ahhh Life!

The boy and I decided this morning to get out of the house this afternoon!  The day was turning out beautifully, and we definitely did not want to be cooped up in the house.  Why waste this day? Why not exploit it to every possibility?!  So that is what we did!

We gathered our towels, and a blanket!  Some chips, bread and sunscreen (tanning oil for mom!)  Threw some water in the cooler, and made a pit stop for ice, jelly and lemonade singles.  A few weeks ago we had found an awesome park not far from the house with a really cool set up.  Nice big shady patio with tables. Several shaded benches.  A humongous splash pad, and two playground sets on either side of the splash pad, but connected!  This was our destination.  The park is pretty.  Big open space, not too many trees, a few rolling hills, great for football, baseball, soccer or any other sport you might need lots of space for.  It would be great for kite flying and frisbee also!


    Very pretty!!




Got the essentials!!... ( Yes, that is a monster Reid!! It's essential!)





  The boy said it wouldn't be a picnic without lemonade!



Still working on my tan... yes I know! pitiful!  But I don't tan as easily as some.. like, oh, say .. MY SISTER AND MY DAUGHTERS!!!  They are all three enemies to me!!  Tan snobs!!





He said the water was cold!




But it was hard for me to keep him out of it!!!  Although the cement was burning his little tootsies he said!!



After he played for a while, he decided it was time to eat some of our picnic!


Nothing like jelly sandwiches on a hot Saturday afternoon at the park!



Even if you do get jelly all over your wrinkly, pruned fingers!!






I even had one!!!


While I sat in the sun, working on my non-existing tan, with my orange toes!!



There were so many families at the park today.  Not as many as there had been when we first found the park, weeks ago. But enough that the boy had other kids to play with.  I sat back and enjoyed watching my boy run around with kids he had never met, acting as if they had know each other for their lifetimes.  Playing as though they had just seen each other yesterday.
There were families preparing sites for what looked like a family reunion, a family cleaning up from a birthday party, and others, just letting their kids run wild in the sun.  One woman chased after a child that seemed about 18 mos or so.  He seemed to have a never ending supply of energy, and a never stopping curiosity of everything. I remember when my kids were like that.. oh who am I kidding?  They still are!  This little one was everywhere at once!

Then, of course, I am the one writing this blog. And with as much fun as I was having watching everyone around me... I am me after all!

This is what I did, while attempting some sort of tan.....



I know.. I am a glutton for punishment!


I don't know what it is.  I ... well... really have no explanation for my actions!  I just couldn't leave it at home!!









Then again!!  I did take pictures also!!!





Tomorrow is the 4th, and we actually get to go spend it with some family!!! YAY!  We have not spent the 4th with any family in 5 years.  Hooray!!

posted under , , |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments