a year through my eyes....

So much has happened, this past year of my life.  I have not written in a coon's age it seems. I have been living beyond my keyboard.  I stepped away from my camera lens to soak up a world of life, and be completely lazy.  I can't say I have been on some vision quest for these past months.  But perhaps in a mortal funk with myself.  Diving deep into my chosen daytime business, as of late, and as deep as I can.  While still finding time to do absolutely nothing.

this past year is a blur

Yet so, so much has happened. Where do I begin?

We started out the year in Georgia.  Where it snowed...

 and snowed...
 more snowing...
 and still snowing

 wild kids loving the snow
 as it continued to fall...
 and fall...
 remember this is Georgia...
 where it does not snow often..
 but decided to blizzard...
 the weekend we were packing to move..
 where else? North, where snow is common.
Great way to start, huh?!



But life is life. Things like this happen.  Just when you least expect it, the unexpected is bound to occur.  Like the day I realized that we were leaving Georgia exactly 5 years to the day of having moved to Georgia.  February 15th.  We were leaving friends we had come to love and loved ones that had shunned us.  We were leaving memories of first's and lasts.  Bound to create new memories of the same.  We were saying good-bye to 5 years of our lives, not knowing at all what to expect.  Stepping away from anything comfortable to beyond anything known.  The great unknown...

to be continued.

posted under , , |

1 comment:

Ann said...

that is a LOT of snow! it never snows where i live!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments