A day fishing at the pond

The kids, well the daughter unit mostly, spent most of the afternoon fishing at our pond.  No, she doesn't own her own fishing pole. I know, I am a horrible mother.  I really should buy the girl a fishing pole for as much as she loves to fish.  Just hadn't got around to it.  To much trouble to get the license and drive to the lake and such. But with living in this neighborhood, there is a pond stocked with fish.  Not that I would recommend eating any of them, but stocked none the less, and a license is not required.  Luckily for my daughter there was another mother and child out at the pond. Unlucky for the mother and child, my daughter is fearless and knows no strangers.  Thankfully the mother was very nice and let my daughter sit with them and even had a spare fishing pole she let my daughter use.  How unfortunate for the fish!!  I did go over there for a couple of hours and sit with them. Some other neighbors, some that we are quickly becoming good friends with even came out with their fishing poles.  It really was quite fun. And naturally I had my camera! Might as well make a day of it! That was until my son, who is not much for fishing, got incredibly bored and insisted we head home so he could kill aliens on the Xbox.  I did plead with him to stay outside. Enjoy the sunshine and run around.  He didn't care for any of my suggestions.  I did manage to talk him into helping me clean the garage since we absolutely had to go home according to him!  (Go figure!)
I got some really good pics though!  Will be investing in some fishing poles when the daughter unit gets back from Cali for the summer!

 He is such a hambone!
I love the Weeping Willow at the edge of our pond!


He loves exploring!





Not sure what kind of fish this is. Anyone else know?



I am so partial to Black & Whites!!





My kids are just so awesome!










That is a lot of fish!






Yep she is mine!! 
















Had to get some more of the tree touching the water!

posted under , |

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! That is neat to have a fishing pond so close to you! I grew up fishing but you can't get me to touch the worm (or put it on the hook) or gut the fish...ha ha

love Brandi said...

It is really fun to have the fishing pond here. What is really funny though, when we first moved here I didn't know there was a pond there. I thought it was just an open field covered in snow. Good thing I didn't go walk through the "field" LOL It would have been an unwelcome surprise!! Thanks Lindsey!!

Anonymous said...

Mommy!!! You are such a GOOBER!!! That dang fish Dessie caught is non other then a PERCH!!! Haha I know more about fishology then you do!!! (And I know its not a word!!!) And Remember both of your daughter units are coming back for the summer!!! Haha I still called you a GOOBER!!! But I love you mommy and miss you soooo much!!! I cant wait to see you :) You are going to have a good summer with me and shhh dont tell anyone but I think they will be relieved I am gone lol I am driving them insane almost as bad as I am my self!!! :)

I love you Mommy!! I am letting the whole world know!!!

I LOVE MY MOMMY SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!

xoxo

Love your wonderful non narcissistic daughter
Jessica :)

love Brandi said...

My darling daughter unit... I WILL NEVER BE HAPPY WHEN YOU LEAVE!!! And that is a fact. I don't care if you drive me insane. I miss that! And I can't wait until you get here!!! I love you also, and I will tell the whole world everyday..

I LOVE MY OLDEST DAUGHTER!!!!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments