Miserable.

I have leperacy. Is that even a word? Well, ok, so I am not really a leper, but I feel like it. On Thursday at work, I started to break out in this horendous rash, like hives, itching, redness, swelling everywhere, nasty nasty stuff. It was so bad, that I actually left work on payday, before giving out checks to go to the doctor. That is bad.

So I go to the doctor, to naturally not see my real doctor, but another doctor with the same practice, and she tells what I have already realized, that it is an allergic reaction of some sort. By now, it is still pretty bad, but not as bad as it had been. Don't know what caused it, I have thought and thought, and can't recall for the life of me, having done anything differently, eating anything different, changing soaps or anything like that, so I am just a freak of nature I guess. Although other possibilities have been put forth, such as it could be stress related. I am guessing that is probably the closest diagnosis that is true. Since I have recently been under quite a good bit of stress.

Doc gave me a humongonos shot of steroids, (yeah man, lets pump some iron!) and gave me scripts for 20 days of the same thing in pill form, some Zantac, yeah who knew that wasn't just for heartburn, but it also works as and allergy blocker for food allergies, and an inhaler, seeing as I couldn't breath most of the time, thought maybe the swelling was causing the problem. Also told me to take two Benedryls every four to six hours. That was a problem. Anyone who knows me, knows I can not take one Benedryl without being knocked out for a good day. But to take two, well I was really not sure what that would do to me.. I was worried I wouldn't wake up till next week sometime.

But I was desperate, and if it would stop the itching and crap, then I would try it. I got home and took everything I was supposed to, and yeppers, out like a light. Hubby came home a couple of hours later, and could have sworn I was high on some really good drugs, little did he know it was only Benedryl!! He said I looked like I had just shot up some heroin or something, drooling and all.. eeww!

Yesterday, seemed to be better, there was a few minutes in the morning when I started to feel the swelling coming back on my face, so I rushed to the nurse, and got just one Bene.. since I hadn't taken any, worried I wouldn't be able to make it to work, and I was ok. Then late yesterday afternoon, it started again, really bad. And I have had problems ever since, all night, and so far most of the day today. What I have found to help some is a good ol'fashion oatmeal bath. Not exactly miracle cure, but helps a great deal. I look like some sort of freakish monster. I feel even worse. The medication makes me completely loopy, not to mention a horrid witch (replace the w with a b)

I totally treated the hubby like crap last night, and am really truely and honestly surprised he didn't leave. Came real close. It was really really bad. I was so aweful. Of course though he says I wasn't. But things have got to change.

Ok, enough.

Loves!

posted under |

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear all that! Jadyn has to take Zyrtec for his allergies. He has had issues with rashes and eczema since he was born! I hope it goes away for you though. I have to take some antihistamine crap when my eczema flares up and it makes me super drowsy. And they give me the lowest dosage possible!! I feel your pain!! Mine is related to cold dry air though so it is mostly in the winter when it breaks out but my hands get all swollen and itchy! I hope you feel better soon!

Adonis said...

I feel ya!Maybe it will be better soon

Unknown said...

Hey! It's me again...I just came across this blog that I think you might like. This lady has a lot of friends who just got DSLR's this year and so she is teaching them how to use it on her blog. I was learning stuff just browsing through it! Anywho check it out if you want...maybe if you get bored at work or something! lol

http://www.learningtoclick.blogspot.com/

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments