Got something to share.

Ok, prepare yourself. Yep, grab the side of your desk, laptop or whatever your reading this on. Hold on tight. Take a deep breath, and if your not already sitting, then you should sit.. seriously. Also, if you are on a laptop, then make sure it is secure, so as not to fall or be thrown against a wall!

Ready? Ok, here goes. The kids and I .... went to church yesterday. Yep that's right. We really did it. Dragged our sorry butts out of bed at 7 am on a Sunday morning, got dressed, and drove into town to go to church. Can't believe it can you? Me neither!

It was really awesome though. We felt very welcomed, not singled out. Not embarrased, but part of a whole. Like we had always been, not like we just walked in off the street, which basically we did! Well sort of. We did know a few people there, which I think helped greatly. Especially at how I am in new situations and something like this. Jenn and Matt are great people, and I am very thankful to have met them, and to be able to call them friends. I know other people that know Jenn and everyone says that about them, so there must be some kind of truth to it!! :)

So the kids and I went to church with them.. (oh there I said it again!) at Journey Community. It is still a fairly new church as church's go I guess. They are in a brand spankin' new building.. to them anyway! They bought it from another church that moved to a bigger building. But what they have done with this building is just amazing. Jenn and Matt took us on a tour after the main worship service. It really is quite awesome! The kids definitely want to go back, and I don't think it would be to bad either! The girls will probably go Wednesday night, that is when the youth group meets, and T and I will go again on Sunday with the girls.

It really was nice to be able to go to a church and not have to worry about hipocracy and idiocy.

p.s. They didn't sacrifice anything!!! That is a plus!!

Oh and I was going to take a picture of the outside of the church, in fact had every intention of doing it.. just to prove we went. But in my hastiness to get out the door, for fear of being late and not having to courage to walk in after the service started, I forgot my friggin camera!!! AHH. Ok, so next time, hopefully!

posted under |

2 comments:

Jenn Harrison said...

Aww!! You're so great!! I might even kinda got a little misty eyed there for a second!!

Unknown said...

oh bummer I went to the 11:00 service or else you would have known me too :o) I have been going for 8 or 9 months now and I love it!! I felt welcome from the first minute. I also felt like I would be pre-judged since I was an un-wed single parent...but not once did it happen!! Maybe we'll see ya this Sunday! :o)

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments