Cooking with kids!

Does everyone know what the Pilsbury canned crescents are? Well if you do, then this post will make sense to you! 

Tonight, I cooked pork chops, mac n cheese, green beans and crescents for dinner.  I thought it would be cool to let the kids make the crescents.  Let them roll them out onto the cookie sheet, and ready to go in the oven.  I opened the package and told the kids to wash their hands while I got the cooking sheet out.  I divided the crescents so there was an equal number for each of them to roll out, since you know, they are brother and sister and fight over every little thing!  When the kids got their hands washed, I told them to go for it, and have fun!  The daughter unit was worried about not being able to make them look like they were supposed to, like how they look on the can, or how they look when I make them.  I told her "don't worry about how they look, they all cook and eat the same!" Both of their faces lit up and they got those devilishly sneaky looks on their faces, like I had just handed them a can of paint and a paint brush and told them to paint the house I'll be back later!  Anyway, they had a blast!  They made all sorts of different "things"  And as I had said, they cooked the same, and tasted great!  Here are their creations!





Creativity in progress...
DO NOT DISTURB!
















Masterminds at work!







Not to bad!


Don't ask me.. I have no idea!




Has to be perfect!














Turned out beautifully!








And tasted marvelous!!

posted under , |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments