Life (in general)

I needed to take a break from school work (T accounts will be the death of me!) So I decided to blog a little bit.
Things have definitely been going on around here.  School is going good. Approaching the end of my third week.  Have a Mastery Problem due next Tuesday in accounting, and fearful I might not get it finished. Hubby is off work this weekend, and as supportive as he has been, when the kids are home they still feel the need to come to me before going to him for EVERYTHING!  I have been trying as hard as I can to work on the chapters during the day when the kids are at school, but I can only sit at the table for so many hours at a time! :) Then I just have to get up and take a break, which usually entails laundry and cleaning.  I feel I got behind somewhat because our professor hasn't really gone over the two chapters that are included in this mastery problem. He has mainly been reviewing the first two chapters.  I was waiting somewhat to see if he would go over them this week, but it is not looking that way.  So I am on my own!! It won't be difficult, just time consuming, but I knew that would be the case with everything when I decided to go back to school. Here's hoping!!

Like I said, hubby is off work this weekend and wants to work on the garage and get some more boxes out.  So when I am not working on school stuff I guess I will be out there helping.  The house we moved into had a washer and dryer already so our new ones went to the garage. But we have been figuring out that the washer and dryer in the house, well, to be put lightly, suck!!  They are old, we knew that but it takes two turns in the dryer to get one load of clothes dry no matter how small I make the load.  So I think that will be one thing we definitely try to get done this weekend changing out the old ones for my beautiful new ones!!  Yay!!  Less time spent doing laundry. Already I am seeing more time to spend on school work...joy.  Just kidding, it will be nice to have that extra time not to mention energy saving!  I would just put up a clothes line since it is getting nice out, but can't have one here where we live.. not so green are they?!

My very dearest friend lost his dad last week.  I know exactly how hard it has been for him.  It has also been hard for me because we just moved away and I can not be there for my friend.  I have been able to talk to him on the phone as much as possible, but sometimes that just isn't the same. I know he is not completely alone, he has family and other friends around.  Talking to him though, and helping him deal as much as I can has brought back and onslaught of memories for me.  It has been 5 1/2 years since my dad passed so unexpectedly. I have moved twice, allowed one of my children to move back, and almost feels as though been through hell and back.  I still think about him constantly.  I still dream that he is around.  I still get the urge to call him to ask him how to, how come or why did it do that?  He was my mentor, my handy man, my confident, my counselor, my guidance, my walking-talking cookbook and many many more things.

Since he passed other things have happened also.  Not just in my life, but my sister's and my mother's lives as well.  My sister met a wonderful man and married him. I am thankful to have been able to attend the wedding. I know she didn't think I would be able to make it. But that was one thing I had always said I would not miss.  She is my sister after all.  Blood is thick, and to me, family always comes first! Although I did have a few personal issues with the whole thing, I am graciously keeping my mouth shut!!

My mother met a great guy, whom she is now engaged too.  Yep! We (hubby, kiddos and I) went to California for Christmas and while we were there, he proposed to my mom.  She is so happy with him, and for that I am happy!  She had a really hard time after dad died, and I was very worried about her.  Afraid she would slip so far into depression that we would not be able to save her.  She saved herself, and met her fiance and became as happy as she had been years ago.

Life is awesome.  Things come and things go. Family lasts forever even when you don't think it will. You may have issues with someone in your family. Maybe a spat that has lasted longer than it should have, or maybe they do and act in a way that you don't approve of. But they are still your family.  I am a firm believer of trying as hard as one can to remain family, never giving up.  Yes there are some extenuating circumstances when it is not only okay, but completely appropriate to turn you back, walk away, and never speak to a family member again.  But for the most part you should not let sibling rivalry or some mundane ridiculous fight keep family apart.

WOW, okay not sure where all that came from!  Well, kids will be home in about an hour, so that means I have one more hour to dive nose first back into T accounts and balancing...great. Talk to ya'll later!!

posted under , |

1 comment:

Adonis said...

Right on, right on, yea! What you said!!! An I also appreciate your kind note to me. I think I understand what you meant.
Love all y'all,Reid.

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments