I know I should wait

But I don't want to!

I finished my first two days of school. So now I have one day off, then one more day of school this week, then off for three days. Yes I know, weird schedule.  My schedule is Mon, Tues, and Thurs. But hey works for me! I don't mind at all. Especially since it is only for about 3 hours a day for those three days. No complaints!

So the Strategies class is very interesting. Essentially it is a Psych class. Preparedness for college and life. Fascinating though. One of the exercises we did today involved something I have actually seen before. A while back there was an email that went around, one of those viral forwards, in it was two sentences. The object was to count the F's in the two sentences. It gave some statistics about how many people never count all of them. Basically there were 6 F's in the two sentences, but the majority of the people that read them only saw about 3 of the F's. This was because they did not count the F's in the word OF. Really interesting study actually. And the explanation was very interesting. Well, we did that exercise today in class, and it was astonishing at how many people really did not read all the F's. (Okay so I had a little advantage, I had seen it before. But God's honest truth, I got it right the first time I read it also!!) Anyway, the professor went through the reason that so many people did not count correctly, it is a Scotoma. Yep, that is a real word. Look it up! Basically it is a blind spot, or conditioning. I found this so interesting that I am now implementing into my life a new routine, and a new way of SEEING life and how I interact with my children. No longer will I say I can't do something, because that is what my mind was conditioned into believing when I was young. No longer will I let my children say they CAN'T do anything, I will do everything in my power to keep them from being conditioned into that way of thinking. Positive influences and positive reinforcement's!! I love this college stuff. But I don't think hubby does, cause when I got home, I told him I know why he is so down on himself all the time, he asked if I believe everything I read on the internet. I laughed and told him I didn't read that on the internet, I am a college student now, and getting smarter by the minute, and he can't argue with me anymore!! I should tell him I am considering changing my major to psychology.. then I can really get into his head!! LOL

My accounting class is pretty cool so far! I think I feel so comfortable in it because I have some experience with exactly what they are going to teach us. So I know a lot of what they are talking about right now. I feel smart!!! :)

Okay, well this was my quick update, they kids are bugging to play Modern Warfare 2 and it is going to drive me crazy.. so I will go read!

posted under |

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! Interesting about the "F" thing! College is great :o)

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments