My project

One day while we were packing to move.  I found the kids blankets that I had stored away for safe keeping.  One made for Jessica by my mother.  One made for Tristan by mom-in-laws friend, and others that were bought for each of them.  My middle daughter was helping, and asked "Mom, do I have a blanket that was made for me?"  It caught me off guard.  After thinking for a few minutes, I felt horrible.  "No baby, I don't remember anyone making one for you.  You had some bought for you, but not made"  She was the middle child, and as often happens in life, she had fallen prey to the middle child syndrome.  In many ways.  The baby book wasn't really done.  The other things that were way cool with the first one, just weren't done with the second.  Then when her brother came around, he was the first boy, and the first grandchild on his dad's side of the family.  So it was just different.


So then and there I decided, this has to be corrected!  Once we were moved and settled I went to a hobby store to look around, and saw the perfect material for a blanket.  My baby girl is a Saints fan!  She absolutely loves them!  She was so ecstatic when they won the big game!!  And there it was.  The softest warmest material of the Saints I had seen!  So I bought some, and I bought some satin for the underside.  It was going to be my first attempt, but I had to do it for her!  Remember I have no idea what I am doing. And have never considered making something like this before!

This is what I made. I finished it today, Easter Sunday. I would have had it done sooner, but I jammed my sewing machine, so had to get it fixed. I can see the flaws in it, being as this is my first attempt ever to make something like this, but she does not see any flaws. She see's a blanket her mommy made for her out of Love!!


posted under |

4 comments:

Adonis said...

I must have taught y'all all kind of sayings. You never ever really said anything about my souther slang. So I have to take it you just enjoyed and took it for what it was worth. Love the home projects. That was good of you both.

Unknown said...

That looks awesome an I bet she LOVES it!! Sewing is no easy task so props to you for making it without knowing how to! What a cool memory for her to have too! Oh and I love your new blog template!!

love Brandi said...

Thank you Lindsey! I was bored with the other layout, so found this one! I like it also! And thanks about the blanket. I took Home Ec. in high school, but hadn't done any more than repairs and really small sewing jobs until this. She does love it, hasn't put it down since I finished it!

love Brandi said...

Adonis, I always laughed at your sayings, but most of them I had also heard at work already. There were a few that you, Bobby, Mike and Allen would use that would throw me off entirely, but I thought it was awesome! You know how I am, listen and learn!!!

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments