Finally some time!


So I finally have some time to talk a little more about my trip to California. More importantly though two days ago was Thanksgiving! So I will update a little about that too.

Ok, so to explain the picture a little bit.. I love Jack-N-The-Box! Pretty much the only fast food I really enjoy, and like eating! So whenever we go to California, it is a must to stop in Valencia and grab Jack! Doesn't matter what time it is. I think they are open 24 anyway! So I had to take a picture this time for my hubby, since he couldn't enjoy the mouth-watering, deliciousness of a Chicken Fajita Pita with me!

My sister and cousin picked me up from the airport in L.A. They are crazy, but I love them. They definitely look like they are related.. so much so that people really honestly think they are twins. It is quite scary. Only problem is there is about 3 or 4 years age difference. I really look nothing like either of them. They are beautiful, don't know what happened to me. Maybe mom was right? Maybe I really was found under a
rock!! LOL Ok.. just kidding.














So I finally met my sisters fiance, John. He is a great guy. I am so happy for her. They make a great couple, he is very very nice, and I truly give props to anyone that can put up with my sister!! Ha.. love ya Katie! You know I have to give you a hard time, your my sister! But really, good luck John!! And welcome to the family!

While I was out there in the land of Fruits and Nuts as my Georgia friends put it.. my wonderful sister planned an early "birthday party" for me. Originally it was going to be a Pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner type of thing. But I think Katie came to her senses when I kept telling her I didn't want everyone to have to cook twice. I loved the get together though! It was awesome, being able to see my family. My grandparents, great grandfather Big Pa, my aunt, my cousins, even my second cousin JR. I really did have a fabulous day! I miss the family so much!






Here is Big Pa! He is my grandmothers father, Yep that's right, my Great Grandfather! 5 generations alive and kicking in my family!!
That is JR standing there!
Big Pa is a most intriguing and awesome man. He turned 95 this past February. Still plays golf, still goes to dances and still drives. He recently got over another bout of pneumonia. Which gave us all a scare. But he is doing amazing now! I love him dearly!


This is my fabulous Aunt and JR again! They are actually cousins, so that makes me his second cousin I guess, not exactly sure how all that stuff works! My Aunt Lisa is a strong women. She has had her share of crap in life and stays happy and phenomenal! She is currently living with my other 'aunt' so to speak, Sandy is not technically blood related but her and Lisa have been friends for so long, that we all call her Aunt San! Her husband Al, "Uncle Al" is just an absolutely amazing man. I love him dearly. He reminds me of dad, so strong and caring. Unfortunately they couldn't come to my party. But I was thinking of them all the same! They all live in Arroyo Grande, on the coast. Aunt Lisa has been with them since she was laid off of her job in Tulare, and has been searching for a condo or something for some time now, but like so many others in the country at the time being, is having some difficulties finding the perfect place to call her own. She had an awesome place in the works for a while, but the owners had some problems like many many other people, therefore gave my Aunt some problems getting everything to go through ok. So enough about that! She will find a place soon, and be completely great!!

Here is us! Katie is on the far left, then John behind her, then Courtney and Travis her brother and then me. (See I look awful compared to them!! Well.. I do have three kids, and I quit smoking last year, so food just tastes so good now, and I am happy! Ok, I know I need to lose weight and work out.. I have tried and well, three kids a husband and a full time job gets in the way of just running to the gym whenever I feel like it.. alright alright, enough about that!)
Anyway, back to us! I am the oldest, then Katie, then Courtney then Travis. They are all great. Katie and John own their own buisness now. Courtney is a shift supervisor or something at Panera Bread in Visalia, and Travis works at Cigna. But hey, they are young and have their friends and their whole lives ahead of them. I am happy for all of them. I am glad they are all happy too! I miss them all so much. Wish they would come visit me sometime.


Here is grandma and mom, and now I feel really bad that I didn't get a better picture of grandma and I got no pictures of grandpa. I will be back out there in February though, I will get lots of good pic then ( I will have my better camera by then too!!) So, back to grandma. She is probably the strongest women I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, and am definitely honored to call her my grandma! She was married to a sailor when she was young. Raised two children while her husband was out on different 'missions' and excersices. Moved to different and new areas of the state and country with those two children. Adopted a third child. Worked and raised babies, after grandpa retired from the navy. Held down different jobs and maintained a healthy social life. Buried her mother, and recently buried a brother, her son and her dog. Moved away after her husband retired, knowing she would be away from her children and grandchildren. Moved back because she missed them so much. Battled and beat breast cancer. And has opened her home to her children, grandchildren and even great grandchildren when they needed it most, and were down on their luck, or just needed that little extra support for a time. My grandmother is definitely my idol. I have learned so much from her in my life. I remember as a child I would spend as much time as I could with her. I much preferred to be with her than at home. My grandma understood me better than anyone else. We had a special connection, much like I had with my Aunt. Wow, I guess I should have written a blog just about her all by itself! Didn't realize I was going to get so emotional and long winded!! So if you can't tell, my grandmother means everything to me! I am sure I will write more detailed info about her later!

This is Jeana and Baby G! She is actually my ex-sister in law.. But I still love her! I have told many many people, I still claim her as a sister and she still claims me as a sister! I love her so much! And baby G is so adorable! I just had to make time to see them while I was out there! I had to meet my nephew!! Yeah.. my first nephew!! Well, not really but oh well! And he actually liked me too! It was great to see them. I will most assuredly be seeing them again when I go back in February! Maybe he will be walking by then?!?!





Well, I guess I should probably finish up here, since I have been on here for a few hours now. I have taken many breaks to deal with kids and animals and such. I really wanted to post some pics of my Thanksgiving day feast I created for us. I guess I will just wait until tomorrow or so. I knew I had to finish up telling my readers about my California trip, and introduce a few of my family members!

So until next time! Have a wonderfully rainy day! (Yeah, it's raining here!)

posted under |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments