It's over.

Well. Halloween is over... I am definitely sad, to say the least. Of all the holidays throughout the year, Halloween is most definitely, without a doubt, my favorite. Yes even more so than all the fabulous food at Thanksgiving, and more than the wonderful present giving and receiving of Christmas. I am not really sure what my connection is. Perhaps it is the thought of changing who you are for one night, and not being looked upon as odd, or weird. I think that is probably the big thing. As a child I always wanted to be something or someone different, but was always to afraid to do what my sister can do so naturally and comfortably, which is getting on a stage in front of people she doesn't know, and does, and acting. I have not ever been able to do that. I would so much prefer to be behind the scenes with costumes, sets, make-up, choreography, anything but in the spot light. Heck, even my husband and kids can get out there and WOW everyone. But I just can't. Never have wanted to or been able to. Oh well. That has got to be why I like Halloween so much. Everyone else is doing it to, so it is not just me that everyone is looking at.

We did have a good Halloween though. Could have been a little less chaotic, but was good. Jess had homecoming that night, so unfortunately she didn't get to dress up and go around with the rest of us. But Billy and I took Dess and T around. They were so cute. We didn't get to go for very long, only about an hour or so cause we had to get to the game also. Can't miss Homecoming!! Needless to say, the kids did not get the usual haul of candy that they normally get. I think that is good though. Less to throw away later.

T was an awesome Iron Man!! After we went Trick-or-Treating we made it to the game, before half time.. which by the way saved us! Jess was going to skin us if we didn't make it!! But it was good anyway, cause they had all the kids that came to the game still wearing their costumes come down to the field for a little parade and contest!
OH, and Dess was definitely a scary vampire!!


You know I had to get in on the fun!!!











I also hadn't had a chance to post about our pumpkin de-gutting!! We always have a blast with this awesome ritual!!










It is to bad that we had the game to go to. I would have loved to have gone out with the "crew!" after taking the kids out. We could have dressed up really awesome! I have been thinking about it alot! We should really go as The Wizard of Oz next year. We would be perfect! I could be Dorothy, obviously! Billy could be the Tin Man, F could be the Scarecrow and R could be The Lion. It would be so freakin perfect, seriously!!! If you know who I am talking about, then you know exactly what I mean!!

Oopppss.. almost forgot Billy's fabulous costume!! The Dog Whisperer




Ok.. more to come at a later, yet to be announced time and date! Until then.. see ya!

posted under |

1 comment:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments